University of Cape Coast (UCC) runs top up cources for students who have previously completed a related foundation level degree (or equivalent, e.g. an HND) and they provide a route for students to achieve a bachelor’s degree.
A Top-up degree is equivalent to the final year of an undergraduate degree. UCC offer one programme, the Bachelor of Science with top-up courses.
Nursing Top-Up Courses at UCC
UCC Nursing Top-Up Courses;
Bachelor of Science
Department of Adult Nursing
4 years (Standard Entry)
Modes of Study:
About Program :
Objectives of the Programme
The B.Sc. Nursing programme is expected to achieve the following:
- Prepare a cadre of nurses employable for delivery of quality nursing service to all age group.
- Prepare a polyvalent nurse with a comprehensive academic education in nursing.
- Strengthen nursing practice at the community and at the health institutional levels.
- Develop nursing research capacity among nurses in Ghana.
- Prepare graduates for admission to General Nursing Register of the Nursing and Midwifer Council of Ghana.
Applicants must have passes in all core subjects including, English, Mathematics and Science. In addition, candidates must have obtained good aggregate in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Professionals with Nursing Diploma in addition to University entry requirements may be admitted into level 300 after passing an interview. Candidates must have study leave.
Other Nursing Candidates
Professionals with Nursing Certificate (SRN) with the basic university entry requirements may be admitted into level 200 after passing an interview.
The demand for nursing services is ever-increasing in Ghana and other parts of the world. Our students are employed in public and private health facilities like hospitals, clinics, home health care services, schools, and military and police health facilities in Ghana and other countries.
Other employment avenues include Nursing and other health training institutions, health research centres, public/community health delivery services and workplace health care systems.
- ASP A: AFRICAN STUDIES (CORE)
- BIO 101: DIVERSITY OF LIVING ORGANISMS
- CMS 107: COMMUNICATIVE SKILLS I
- NUR 102A: HUMAN ANATOMY
- NUR 104A: HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY 1
- NUR 102B: HUMAN ANATOMY II
- NUR 104B: HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY II
- NUR 106: PSYCHOLOGY OF HUMAN GROWTH & DEVELOPMENTS B: AFRICAN STUDIES (CORE)
- CMS 108: COMMUNICATIVE SKILLS II
- NUR 219: FUNDAMENTALS OF PROFESSIONAL NURSING
- NUR 221: FUNDAMENTAL NURSING PRACTICE
- NUR 223: BASIC EMERGENCY AND DISASTER CARE
- NUR 227: BASIC COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR NURSING
- NUR 229: MICROBIOLOGYNUR 231: SOCIOLOGY OF HEALTH
- NUR 202: PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
- NUR 220: NURSING PRACTICE I
- NUR 226: TEACHING AND LEARNING HEALTH CARE
- NUR 228: INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNITY HEALTH
- NUR 230: NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
- NUR 232: CLINICAL NURSING PRACTICE I
- NUR 319: CRISIS INTERVENTION II
- NUR 321: NURSING PRACTICE II
- NUR 323: FAMILY HEALTH NURSING
- NUR 325: INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC HEALTH
- NUR 327 : BASIC PHARMACOLOGY
- NUR 330: CLINICAL NURSING PRACTICE II
- NUR 307: CRISIS INTERVENTION III
- NUR 311: BIOSTATISTICS
- NUR 315: BASIC COMPUTING FOR BIOLOGISTS
- NUR 322: NURSING PRACTICE III
- NUR 324: PAEDIATRIC NURSING
- NUR 326: PAEDIATRIC NURSING PRACTICE
- NUR 331: CLINICAL NURSING PRACTICE III
- NUR 399: NURSING RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- NUR 411: PATIENT/FAMILY CARE STUDY
- NUR 418: COMMUNITY/PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE
- NUR 419: CRISIS INTERVENTION IV
- NUR 420: HEALTH CARE POLICY
- NUR 421: NURSING PRACTICE IV
- NUR 423: OBSTETRIC NURSING
- NUR 427: MENTAL HEALTH NURSING
- NUR 412: NURSING SERVICE ADMINISTRATION
- NUR 416: ADVANCED COMMUNITY/PUBLIC HEALTH
- NUR 425: OBSTETRIC NURSING PRACTICE
- NUR 429: MENTAL HEALTH NURSING PRACTICE
- NUR 431: RESEARCH PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT
- NUR 499: RESEARCH PROJECT
Can I top up my nursing degree?
Yes, you can! The top-up course enables current registered nurses to top up their qualification to degree level, opening up a whole range of new career opportunities. The top-up course normally runs for 18 months and it is designed for qualified nurses who already hold a related foundation level degree (or equivalent, e.g. an HND).
Does UCC offer nursing courses?
UCC offers one nursing course BSc Science for nurses looking to reach a degree level.
How many points are needed for nursing at up?
You should have successfully completed your nursing programme to qualify for Top-Up at UCC.
Thi article is the most detailed article on UCC Nursing Top-Up Courses on the internet. If you are looking to get a degree after completing your nursing, you can study BSc Science and its accompanying top-up courses to broaden your scope.