John Christopher Depp II aka Johnny Depp is an actor, producer, and musician from the United States. He has won several awards, including a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Award, as well as being nominated for three Academy Awards and two BAFTAs. He has been recently known for winning a defamation case against his ex-wife Amber Heard.
Johnny Depp is 58 years old. He was born on June 9, 1963, Owensboro, Kentucky, United States.
Celebrity Net Worth estimates that the 58-year-old has a total net worth of around $150 million. His annual income has been reported to exceed $100 million in certain years, easily making him one of the highest-paid performers on the globe. Johnny collected $650 million in wages, backend profits, and endorsement contracts between 2003 and 2016, according to a lawsuit filed against his former business managers.
According to Yebekagh profile database, J. Depp dropped out of Miramar High School at 16 in 1979 before he hit the limelight. Depp dropped out of high school to pursue a music career. His band, the Kids, relocated from Florida and later met his first wife, Lori Anne Allison.
Johnny Depp married Lori Anne Allison, a makeup artist who was important in Depp’s Hollywood breakthrough, for the first time. Following a blind date, Johnny Depp supposedly developed a huge infatuation on Jennifer Grey, the star of ‘Dirty Dancing.’ However, after a hurried engagement, Depp abruptly shifted gears and went on to Winona Rider. Depp’s most publicized romance was with Winona. He had “Winona Forever” tattooed on his torso. Despite this, their romance ended after only three years in 1993. The tattoo remains on Depp’s body, but the words have been altered to ‘Wino Forever.’
Shortly after Depp started a relationship with Kate Moss in 1994. The couple dated for four years before calling it quits. Depp had a longer and more stable relationship after failed relationships with Moss and Ryder, with Venessa Paradis as they stayed married for 14 years.
Amber Heard was Johnny Depp’s most recent girlfriend. Before marrying in 2015, the pair dated for a time. They had just been married for two years. Heard submitted an op-ed for The Washington Post in which she claimed to be a victim of domestic abuse and implied that Depp was the perpetrator without naming him. Depp was pulled from many projects as a result of the op-ed, and he eventually sued his ex-wife for defamation.
- He was born as John Christopher Depp II in Owensboro, Kentucky. His mother was a waitress, and his father was John a civil engineer.
- Johnny was a musician before becoming an actor.
- He dropped out of school when he was 15, and fronted a series of music-garage bands, including one named ‘The Kids’.
- A visit to Los Angeles, California, with his wife, happened to be a blessing in disguise, when he met up with actor Nicolas Cage, who advised him to turn to acting, which culminated in Depp’s film debut in the low-budget horror film, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).
- He has starred in seven films in which the title contains the name of the character he plays: Edward Scissorhands (1990), Cry-Baby (1990), What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993), Ed Wood (1994), Don Juan DeMarco (1994), Donnie Brasco (1997) and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007).
- He suffers from near-sightedness since birth, and is nearly blind in his left eye. He claims that the condition cannot be corrected by surgery.
- He donated his fee earned for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) to the daughter of late Heath Ledger. Jude Law and Colin Farrell did the same thing after Depp gave that idea.