With a population of over 30 million people and a geographic area of around 228,533 square kilometers, Ghana is a West African nation. Ghana has ten (10) Regions before to 2020.
On December 27, 2018, Ghana held a referendum to establish new Regions, with voting taking place in all forty-seven (47) districts chosen to be a part of these new Regional formations. In this election, there were 99% yes votes across the board with turnouts between 80 and 90%.
This turnout resulted in the partition of some already existing Regions and the establishment of six additional new Regions.
16 Regions In Ghana
How Many Regions Are In Ghana? Below is a list of all the regions in Ghana and their capitals
- The Northern Region – Tamale
- The Ashanti Region – Kumasi
- The Western Region – Sekondi
- The Volta Region – Ho
- The Eastern Region – Koforidua
- The Upper West Region – Wa
- The Upper East Region – Bolgatanga
- The Central Region – Cape Coast
- The Bono East Region – Techiman
- The Greater Accra Region – Accra
- The Savannah Region – Damango
- The North-East Region – Nareligu
- The Oti Region – Dambai
- The Western North Region – Sefwi Wiawso
- The Ahafo Region – Goaso
- Bono Region – Sunyani
The above are 16 regions in Ghana.
We are glad to have you on our page. We tailor our content to suit your needs. If this article has been helpful to your then kindly share it with your frinds.
Feel free to drop a comment below. If you have any questions, we will be happy to answer them in the comment box below.